Search the forum,

Discuss Few questions on Brick bond in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Johneeeboy

I am going to tile my bathroom using 600x300 tiles and want to do a brick bond pattern.Only tiling the width and length of the bath plus the main wall where the w/c and basin are.I have a few questions that I would like to get straight in my mind before I start and I would be grateful for your help.

Am I right in thinking that I start on the bath wall? Do I start in the middle and work out ?

If I end up with the last tile in the row being 550mm do I put a cut of 50mm to start the return wall?Do you always use the balance of the cut tile in this way

If the bath wall is the wall where everything is centred, do you let the other walls and the cuttings used just turn out,meaning that you wont get equal cuts either side of each particular wall....

Many thanks
John
----
Anyone?

Please help

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TheWrightTiler

start on bath wall and from centre

i start from the centre lime with a full tile each side then a bond above it, that way you know you are on the lines, make sure your verticals are spot on as you will see it wander, laser level or spirit level is fine

it depends on how square the walls are mate to be honest

i was taught that the only pattern to wrap round is diamond

so in effect each wall is individual

i have done it the way you describe and it looks great but again the the walls are out i find it best to treat as individual

again its you lavvy so its down to you mucka

cheers andy

G

grumpygrouter

Yes, you should wrap around a brickbond pattern, though not necessarily with the off cut piece as if the walls run out the angle of the cut may be wrong. Cut another piece of the same size with the apropriate cut to the corner as required.

Big tiles these, make sure that the wall is FLAT and that you use a cement based addy.:thumbsup:

Grumpy

Reply to Few questions on Brick bond in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen