Search the forum,

Discuss favourite stone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

Only laid 4 fossil stone floors and they looked great, its not up there so I will have to say Marble would be my choice.

Good thread Doug.
:thumbsup:

T

Terry Cottar

I love all Natural Stone thats why I spend my life restoring and renovating it

tel

W

White Room

i voted marble but i love all stone. its variations, colours, textures etc

anything thats taken 3 billion years to form and evolve is fascinating to me and it makes your job that bit more interesting.

Totaly agree, they all have their own personalitys:drool5:

D

doug boardley

i voted marble but i love all stone. its variations, colours, textures etc

anything thats taken 3 billion years to form and evolve is fascinating to me and it makes your job that bit more interesting.
I'm sure Timeless John is feeling chuffed that you think so highly of him:lol::lol::lol:

A

Aston

very good doug ....:thumbsup:

timeless john was created on the 7th day, when god was supposedly resting..

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Sandstone, tightly cemented quartzite that retains all the bedding features of the origional depositional environment. Usually aeolian or semi arid river bed. All polised up its lovely!:hurray:

I visited a local stone importer, a few months ago. The owner (who has a degree in Geology) took me to one side and showed me some sandstone planks they were preping for a wetroom. They had cut the planks from a single piece, I could see a ancient river bed in a grey/blue colour. He pointed out what looked like a fosil tail or backbone of some exstinct creature. He thought it dated to around 70 million years ago. How cool is that. Or am I sad:thumbsup:

Reply to favourite stone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen