Search the forum,

Discuss Exterior wall tanking question... in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Off topic but is your username pertaining to Old Greg?
Um.. no? Is that a person?

Lots of excellent cement based tanking systems available, my personal preference is the sovereign chemicals hey-di system, can be made more flexible with the addition of moreSBR . A call to there technical department,might be a good call to confirm suitability.
Can cement based be fully waterproof and does sbr add flexibility? I thought it was more of a primer but actually , I’m not really sure what it’s main use is for! lol
Can I ask what is it you like about the hey-di system and where you previously used it? Just visited their site and that product comes under basement/cellar tanking which would be significantly warmer than my pizza oven in the uk winter months...

Last edited:
Thanks for this. I did see it online having checked on the website. I like that it’s available in different bag sizes because I’m really not looking at a large area. A downside appears to be that I am then locked in to using isomat adhesive and grout for the tiling above the tanking (this may or may not be a downside actually depending on price of these items)
Speaking of price can you tell me what the prices of the aquamat are and where I can find them in the Hereford area?

Bond

TF
Arms
Highland
The hey-di tanking system can be used on the positive or negative side as a waterproof barrier, negative side as in a cellar or positive to contain water as in swimming pools water towers etc. The system is predominately is easy to apply by brush, the more SDR you use the more flexiable the coating becomes. Not sure about suitability with your application hence my suggestion to contact there technical people.

Reply to Exterior wall tanking question... in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen