Discuss Exterior Tiling in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

antded

I've been tiling for 10years but never tiled outside. I have to tile Victorian style porcelain onto a sound concrete base. Perfectly flat/level. I was going to use Mapai Keraquick mixed with latex for extra flexibility/bonding.

Is there any additional prep required. From my understanding the adhesive is frost proof.

Any help gratefully accepted

J

Just Rizzle

add a frost proof additive u can get them at most builders merchants. use it with slow set addy because this will speed up the cements reaction time

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I used tilemaster rapid s1 on my outside tiled patio, i think its solid, i aint used it in months ☔️☔️☔️:dashsymbol::dashsymbol::umbrellarain::umbrellarain::umbrellarain::umbrellarain:

A

antded

Update on finished path.
Finally ... levelled withTilemaster Levelflex and fixed tiles with Tilemaster Ultimate. Finished with Ardex grout

The Ultimate Rapid is a superb product (will be using again). A rapid set that stays workable for nearly 30 mins

Taken a pici

Victorian Path.jpg

O

Old Mod

Update on finished path.
Finally ... levelled withTilemaster Levelflex and fixed tiles with Tilemaster Ultimate. Finished with Ardex grout

The Ultimate Rapid is a superb product (will be using again). A rapid set that stays workable for nearly 30 mins

Taken a pici

View attachment 78306
Don't want to rain on your parade and it looks really well,
but just a thought tho, did u check with TM about suitability of Levelflex for exterior use?
It's basically an internal product but can be used externally in certain situations, mainly well protected from the elements I think. Can't remember exactly.

A

antded

Yes I did check. Basically its not suited for areas where it will be exposed to standing water i.e. puddles, end of fall etc. Ok if getting covered.

J

J Sid

Tilemaster done it again.....another product that performs where other's won't go. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Old Mod

I was thinking more along the lines of an outside area that's sheltered
@widler, which obviously this is not!
And if the edges of the path are not totally sealed then it'll suffer moisture ingress, don't you agree?
Levelflex is not designed to withstand that.

Reply to Exterior Tiling in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks