Search the forum,

Discuss Exterior tiling on uneven existing concrete in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Roy flint

Can anyone recommend a deep bed leveling compound or adhesive for an old uneven conrete floor, need to make up to 25/30 mm to achieve fall away from house.
Thanks

D

DHTiling

Hello Roy and welcome...

Not all levellers are suitable for external use...

These are a few options that are available use...

dummy.gif
AngoloCorniceSxSu2Grigio.gif
dummy.gif
AngoloCorniceDxSu2Grigio.gif
dummy.gif
Adesilex-P4-UK.jpg

Fast-setting cement based levelling compound for internal and external use from 3 to 20 mm thick.
Applications:
Internal and external levelling compound for all normal supports used in building provided they are clean, such as concrete slabs, cement screeds, old ceramic flooring, terrazzo tile, natural stone.
Apply 3 to 10 mm thick per coat.Coverage
1,5 kg/m2 per mm of thickness.Packaging
25 kg bags.

ardex_k301.jpg

ARDEX K 301 - Fast Setting Exterior Self-Smoothing Levelling and Resurfacing Compound
Size (pack): 25kg
Coverage: Approximately 1.6kg ARDEX K 301 powder/m²/ mm, i.e. approximately 7.8m² at 2mm thickness per 25kg bag.
ARDEX K 301 Exterior Self-Smoothing Levelling and Resurfacing Compound is a special fast setting cement-based product designed to smooth and level rough and damaged concrete surfaces in external and internal situations. ARDEX K 301 is a grey powder consisting of special cements, graded aggregates and high quality synthetic resins. When mixed with water, a fluid mortar is produced which sets within 2 hours and can normally be walked on after approximately 2-3 hours at 20°C. ARDEX K 301 can be applied from 2mm to 20mm in thickness. The set and hardened ARDEX K 301 is usually ready to receive light wheeled traffic after 48 hours at 20°C.

What tile do you intend to use..?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Cheers Roy, was just checking the tile was suitable for exterior use.....they are fine..

Mapei adhesives are great to use as well...I would use mapeker or keraquick..:thumbsup:

R

Rob Z

Dave,

How do you use those SLC's so that the pour ends up with a sloped surface (for drainage)?

Roy, I'd rather do a mud bed so that the money goes into the tile setter's pocket rather than pay for a lot of SLC. :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Dave,

How do you use those SLC's so that the pour ends up with a sloped surface (for drainage)?

Roy, I'd rather do a mud bed so that the money goes into the tile setter's pocket rather than pay for a lot of SLC. :thumbsup:

They are smoothing compounds Rob and can be treated like screeding , where as you form the falls and it goes from thick to thin , which you can't do with screed/mud jobs, like from 1 inch to 1/16th or summit.

R

Rob Z

Dave, sounds good...must be a different class of products than what we have here.

I'm so used to just getting mud and covering it with a membrane...I didn't know that other stuff was avaialble...maybe it is here? :thumbsup:

R

Rob Z

Dave, I say anytime the tilesetter can use a bunch of inexpensive sand and cement, and get great results without sacrificing any quality, then it's a good thing. More money in the company for the tilesetters and less to the supply house. :thumbsup:

Reply to Exterior tiling on uneven existing concrete in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen