Discuss Epoxy Haze Problem - any helpful advice in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

james carter

I used bal-easypox - ag on glass tiles - glazed back and despite spending four times longer cleaning than grouting there is still haze left on some tiles, I have tried lab grade acetone, pullicol 2000 left on for 10-30 and then one hour (no joy) my next one to try is lithofin resin-ex, I did see a you-tube vid of someone using mapei ultracare epoxy grout hazer but it doesn't look like you can get it in the uk, as the tiles are glass I can't use any abrasive cloths as they scratch easily, any help/advice would be much appreciated at present I am strongly considering using a heat gun and see if that helps.

O

Old Mod

That sounds like quite a bit more than a haze to be honest.

Bal used to do a cleaner years ago that dealt with deposits.
It was so strong you had to open all windows and doors and turn off electrical equipment, I kid you not.
But I’m afraid that’s all I remember about it, I’ve never needed it again, once was enough. :p

You could try their tech line, see if they still have it.

J

james carter

thanks for the replies and assistance guys, in the end the lithofin resin-ex worked a treat and the tiles are now glistening, out of interest 3-fall I did try the bal technical helpline the guy also said that bal did a cleaner a couple of years ago that would strip your hands off but there wasn't sufficient demand for it so they stopped producing it, he said they have received a large number of calls recently relating to epoxy haze and cleaning and he recommended the lithofin product (already ordered) it also smells quite nice of almonds.

O

Old Mod

Thank you James, really appreciate you taking the time to let me know, cheers.

On a side note, Lithofin Cement Away also smells like Almonds, and it’s an external cleaner only.
Please be very aware that a product that smells like almonds can make you feel really rather ill, please wear a mask capable of dealing with fumes, and not dust, and make sure your room is very well ventilated.
Cheers.
Marc.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Christ, didn’t realise.

The missus has just stocked up on Daim bars and Frangipane!
That’s going straight in the bin!!!

B

Blunt Tool

7E1D2402-C8D2-4A0D-9539-32B52D5FD81D.jpeg
Thank you James, really appreciate you taking the time to let me know, cheers.

On a side note, Lithofin Cement Away also smells like Almonds, and it’s an external cleaner only.
Please be very aware that a product that smells like almonds can make you feel really rather ill, please wear a mask capable of dealing with fumes, and not dust, and make sure your room is very well ventilated.
Cheers.
Marc.

Reply to Epoxy Haze Problem - any helpful advice in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks