Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Envelope cutting Where to start in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

baht'at

Hi all .
Just a quick question .
When doing a wet room floor with a formed shower tray which requires “envelope “ cutting where does one start first.
Do you start on the rest of the floor then move to the shower tray or do you start on the tray them move on to the rest of the floor.

B

baht'at

Thanks for your response .
Then once you’ve completed the tray move out on to the rest of the floor?

O

One Day

Depends on the situation. Sometimes you just can't get things to flow out from drain to room so you treat the tray separately. Other times you use different tiles.
If you can get it to flow, then dry-lay all cuts starting at the drain. Once you're happy with the entire tray, start fixing there and move into the room...

U

Unused Account 1

What i find best is,to try and get full tile if it works ,on the floor the do the former seperate,ive done a lot where i used stone mosaic on the former ,as you can just go with itb,and just cut round the trap

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I always set out very carefully then start on the main floor tray last. Having said that I don't often use trays that need envelope cuts just single fall

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I always set out very carefully then start on the main floor tray last. Having said that I don't often use trays that need envelope cuts just single fall

D

Deleted member 49260

Quick question on envelope cuts if I can jump in?
Do you just make a single cut and rely on the blade width creating a grout line or do you do a second cut, or perhaps mitre the cut edge a bit?

Reply to Envelope cutting Where to start in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks