Search the forum,

Discuss Dural V Ditra Prices in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ditra and Dural has come down in price sine I priced it, Twas nigh on £650 for 60m2 o_O
Julian , I think it's a northern thing about tile master, not only is it good stuff and made in england(I think :)) but it's up north, so we know it's tough,hard ,made to last and can drink full pints :cool:

O

Old Mod

I've done 100m2 plus floors with Dural and had no issues, but that's in recent years, after their original issues. I must admit having the final mesh layer does appear to make a difference in the bond strength to the mat. Having had a labourer try and remove a 500x700 piece of limestone from it, I could have just told him to cut straight thro the joint and mat in one go to remove it, but I forgot!:D
Truth was I wanted to see just how good it was! Took him 45 mins to hack it off completely :D
It stuck like the proverbial! .....had to cut the mat out anyway, it was destroyed! Good job it wasn't grouted and the last stone of the previous day :)
When using Dural I always try and cut my lengths the previous day and lay it out upside down over night on some corex or something.
Next day it's perfectly flat and much easier to keep flat.
.......having said all that, 9 times outta 10 I use Ditra! Haha :D

O

Old Mod

Yeah Bal Rapid Mat. Used it once. Fits easily but can gather if u push too hard when laying, jobs a year old and no phone call. It was main contractors wish to decouple, confused me a bit, it was a solid ground floor hallway. As it was original style Victorian I couldn't use regular decouplers, tiles were too small, so went with the Rapid Mat.

image.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah Bal Rapid Mat. Used it once. Fits easily but can gather if u push too hard when laying, jobs a year old and no phone call. It was main contractors wish to decouple, confused me a bit, it was a solid ground floor hallway. As it was original style Victorian I couldn't use regular decouplers, tiles were too small, so went with the Rapid Mat.

View attachment 73186
Why can't you use regular decouplers on small tiles?

O

Old Mod

Why can't you use regular decouplers on small tiles?
Most have a minimum tile limit of 50x50mm because of point loading @Dan, it crushes the mat. That's why when a mat is laid ideally it should be boarded temporarily until ready for use.
Unlike the Bal Rapid and I'd assume the Tilemaster, and any similar product.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Most have a minimum tile limit of 50x50mm because of point loading @Dan, it crushes the mat. That's why when a mat is laid ideally it should be boarded temporarily until ready for use.
Unlike the Bal Rapid and I'd assume the Tilemaster, and any similar product.
I see. So is it a different design completely?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Bloody hell so it is. Who puts stuff on ebay for collection only eh?! lol

Your CTD price is pretty much the cheapest I think there mate.

Reply to Dural V Ditra Prices in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen