Search the forum,

Discuss Dural Sponsors TilersForums.co.uk in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'm proud to officially announce that Dural are now sponsors of tilersforums.com, the UK's Tile Forum for Professional and DIY Wall and Floor Tilers.

Dural offer Decoupling Membranes, Coloured Expansion Strips, and Profiles, that we know, but checkout this website that perhaps you didn't know about!

www.colouredmovementjoints.co.uk

And then their usual site: Welcome

In our efforts to ensure that users have a regular place to purchase the Dural range of products for tilers, we'll be announcing before the end of the month a new Wetroom Products Supplier that should also be holding 'Trade Days' for the forum members.

A big thanks to Dural from myself personally, and Dave, as always. Though please do thank them yourselves too by replying to this thread or giving them a bell. :)

Please always mention tilersforums.com when buying Dural from any supplier, hopefully over the coming months we'll be getting you a special discount but nothing is set in stone quite yet.

So thanks again from me. :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

just a little question,schluter,s surface to tile on is open and the addy fill,s the holes straight away, and the dural has a sort of netting over the surface that surly is harder to fill the holes , Q what is the reason for this difference please ??

Ditra has dovetailed joints and the adhesive locks into those dovetails.. Dural Ci is round holes and no dovetail, the nylon mesh holds in the adhesive and actually it is easier to fill the holes with the mesh in place as this prevents it pulling back out as you serrate.

R

Richard Edwards

This is good news and genuine progress --

I'm going to order some more Schulter Un-Coupling membrane very soon - ie within the next 7 working days for 2 large wet rooms in the work schedule. Now then, up to now I have been unable to get a proper contact at Dural and have given up and stayed with Schulter product.

If any one from Dural could either post a general sales contact tel number for Tilers Forum members to use or if not ready yet, send a PM or email to me with this info and I will try to give you our first offical TF order - approx 25m 2

Thanks to Dave and to Dural for coming on board - hope your business grows as a result.

R

Richard Edwards

Thanks Christoe - You're not the first to make the point about the mesh advantage - I've just checked out the Dural web site by the link on the Forum left hand side sponsors list, and they recommend a 4 x 4mm trowel for bedding the membrane onto the substrate. Is that what you guys do ?

As soon as I have a UK distributor contact sert up - I'm going to give them a try on the next two wet rooms in process.
Richard

D

DHTiling

Hi members.

Just some news for you on Dural Ci...

A few comps were selling the same membrane but in different colours as some will know that.. Dural were not happy about this and now they have got a NEW! Dural Ci in production and it is available now.. The mat is rolled the other way to prevent curl in the mat towards the core and the hole patent in the mat is Dural's and a new design and all at the same cost as before..

So to cut it short the mat is better than before and now only Dural will sell this new design.. A good supplier is available via a quick pm to me for now but in March it will be shown to all on the forums....

D

DHTiling

Thanks Christoe - You're not the first to make the point about the mesh advantage - I've just checked out the Dural web site by the link on the Forum left hand side sponsors list, and they recommend a 4 x 4mm trowel for bedding the membrane onto the substrate. Is that what you guys do ?

As soon as I have a UK distributor contact sert up - I'm going to give them a try on the next two wet rooms in process.
Richard

Yes a 4x4mm trowel is fine..

R

Rich

Its about time! I have always wondered why they roll the mat that way, it is a pain in the backside having to roll it over on itself before putting it down. IMO that gives them the edge on the other brands out there :thumbsup:

I tend to use a 6mm trowel to lay it, I know this uses a lot more addy but I found that it holds the mat down much better than the 4mm. That said if the mats are now rolled the other way I should think that it will lift a lot less.

Reply to Dural Sponsors TilersForums.co.uk in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.