Search the forum,

Discuss Dural Ci + ????? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

tomo13

Hi All

Is the new Dural Ci+ yellow with green stripes ? Got from Topps near me and was told it is the new stuff, not the one people have had problems with.

Thanks, Steve

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi Steve the new Dural CI is green, with different shaped pockets, not round. Sorry I can't put a link on, laptop acting up.:thumbsup:

M

Mike Mike

Hi All

Is the new Dural Ci+ yellow with green stripes ? Got from Topps near me and was told it is the new stuff, not the one people have had problems with.

Thanks, Steve

What problems have people had with Dural??

D

DHTiling

What problems have people had with Dural??

The older version had a problem with the glue that bonded the fleece to the polyethylene , they basicly de-donded from each other .. so Dural moved manufacture to Sweden i believe..

M

Mike Mike

The older version had a problem with the glue that bonded the fleece to the polyethylene , they basicly de-donded from each other .. so Dural moved manufacture to Sweden i believe..

I've never seen Dural products sold here. They are certainly not approved for use in bathrooms/wetrooms. They seem to be a German company.

So when they de-bonded what happened? Was no longer watertight, or tiles fell off the walls??

D

DHTiling

It is a floor membrane Mike.. :)

basicly Dural Uk were the only comp to admit the problem and they rectified it with a resin injection system to bond back together and soften the crunch.

M

Mike Mike

It is a floor membrane Mike.. :)

basicly Dural Uk were the only comp to admit the problem and they rectified it with a resin injection system to bond back together and soften the crunch.

:oops: I was looking at something called Dural Durabase WP Dave Decoupling / Wall sealing

I'm not sure what "soften the crunch" means (stopped it making a noise, or avoided having to pay for installations to be ripped out and re-done??). Oh well, I can't buy it here, and hearing of those problems, I wouldn't want to anyway :lol:

Reply to Dural Ci + ????? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

HI Ive just completed 2 bathrooms for a customer and they have not paid me . After several...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen