Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Dow Corning 785 clear in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

rboy_44

hi,
Quick question about Dow Corning 785 clear - does it cure completely translucent or misty (so that you can’t see through it completely)? I ask because I’m re-sealing the corners of my shower and there are some small chips on the edges of a few tiles that I wouldn’t want to be visible through the silicone. I prefer clear silicone to white.
Thanks in advance.

R

rboy_44

Apologies - just realised that translucent actually means semi-transparent (or misty!). So is it completely clear or translucent / misty?
Cheers

Filip

TF
Reaction score
I belive it is translucent/misty. Have a look on their website and they have a colour chart pdf with blobs of each colour

R

rboy_44

Thanks yeah had a look at that colour chart, but just wanted to check with someone who uses it regularly.

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Sorry not used it but I think that completely clear silicones are not that common, so the chart I would think is good to go by.
Lets see if a user replies

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Dow 785 is clear. The best translucent is Ardex imo. It should get you over the chipping issue if not to bad.

Reply to Dow Corning 785 clear in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks