Search the forum,

Discuss Dot and dab to brickwork in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rj1884

Good afternoon.
Just started a bathroom which has resulted in the plaster/sand and cement falling away from the brickwork on the external wall in the walk in shower area as we removed the existing tiles. We've striped the wall back to the brickwork as the wall was so bad. We intend to dot and dab using a backerboard. My question is is there a specific adhesive I should be using to stick the boards or would any cement based adhesive do. Also would you guys mechanically fix the boards as well for extra security.
Thanks in advance

R

rj1884

Sorry should have mentioned. We're using dukka board as oppose hardie. Would thickness would you use.

D

diamondtiling

You using hardi? if so driwall adhesive plus mechanical fittings, seal up the joins and internals and away you go. Knauf aqua panels say on the label not to fix using dot and dab system (used to anyway)

Here is one I did.. 100_2080.jpg 100_2134.jpg 100_2257.jpg

R

rj1884

Very nice mate. I've spoken to dukka board technical and they've mentioned you can dot and dab there boards but they're to be mechanically fixed as well.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
They recommend 20mm if wall is rough.

[DLMURL]http://www.dukkaboard.com/pdf/Dukkaboard_06_solid_walls.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
D

diamondtiling

Used Dukka board a lot in commercial shower areas because its so quick to install, 100mm boards to use on the floor create instant falls to full length drains. 20mm on the walls as CJ says using the screws and washers that come with the boards.

D

diamondtiling

I cant remember all the sizes but its incredibly strong material, 20 mm sounds right but if they do 12/15 mm these should be fine with plenty of timber behind them to eliminate bounce.

Reply to Dot and dab to brickwork in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen