Search the forum,

Discuss dot and dab and bath position question. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dougs Third Go

just want some opinions folks:smilewinkgrin:, so you go and look at a job, bath is in position against wall but still can be moved if needed. Walls are all over place and need to be dot and dabbed with 12.5mm plasterboard. How far off wall (existing) would you ask plumber to pull bath forward?

I

Ian

Once the dabs have compressed I wouldn't expect them to be any thicker than 15/20mm so total 30mm (ish) in total from the highest point on the wall.

W

White Room

With a 10mm gap behind the board to allow for any fluctuation on the wall and 12.5mm board, your looking at 23mm but allowing an small over lap onto the bath...about 20mm in total.

D

Dougs Third Go

20mm is what I asked for, and what I got....now throw a monobloc mixer tap into the equation..

I

Ian

With a 10mm gap behind the board to allow for any fluctuation on the wall and 12.5mm board, your looking at 23mm but allowing an small over lap onto the bath...about 20mm in total.

Just out of interest Mark, how many dabs would you have for an 8x4 board? I've watched a few plasterers doing it and some go for 12 big blobs, others might do 24 smaller ones.

W

White Room

I was taught to use a trowel, so I peak with said tool with a couple of inches gap vertically between each dab...18 dabs in total for an 8x4.....and a full block on the skirting line as well.

Reply to dot and dab and bath position question. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen