Search the forum,

Discuss Doorstep tile options in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Element

TF
Reaction score
I have 2 clients both looking for their doorsteps to be tiled. Its some time (18+months) since I did exterior work and the tile I used to use was a 'Peacock ore slate effect' porcelain from Topps but its now discontinued. Am I right to believe that I can only use vitrified porcelain and not glazed porcelain outdoors? If so then I've just read a pretty misleading statement here: Can I use porcelain tiles outside? - Porcelain Superstore - http://www.porcelainsuperstore.co.uk/blog/can-i-use-porcelain-tiles-outside/

I remember also using a black porcelain tile from CTD but both my current clients are looking for some colour on their steps... So, other than actual slate, what are the options? It has to be a rough texture surface (non slip) and neither wants quarry tiles! :)

Ta for your advice

Last edited:
W

White Room

Personally wouldn't want to use a high glazed porcelain outside, be like an ice skating ring in the winter.

L

LM

I have 2 clients both looking for their doorsteps to be tiled. Its some time (18+months) since I did exterior work and the tile I used to use was a 'Peacock ore slate effect' porcelain from Topps but its now discontinued. Am I right to believe that I can only use vitrified porcelain and not glazed porcelain outdoors? If so then I've just read a pretty misleading statement here: Can I use porcelain tiles outside? - Porcelain Superstore - http://www.porcelainsuperstore.co.uk/blog/can-i-use-porcelain-tiles-outside/

I remember also using a black porcelain tile from CTD but both my current clients are looking for some colour on their steps... So, other than actual slate, what are the options? It has to be a rough texture surface (non slip) and neither wants quarry tiles! :)

Ta for your advice
Porcelanosa might be worth a look at

Reply to Doorstep tile options in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen