Search the forum,

Discuss Does this edging strip look ok? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

Cookie - it’s a poor job all round and I can’t see it getting any better tomorrow!

Adey - I’ve seen them before a few times, I’m not really a fan of the 3 way mitre, I avoid those rounded trims at all costs, there very dated and offensive. I prefer the top two mitred and the bottom one cut straight if I must use them.

C

cookie

Does anyone have any advice on what I can ask him to do differently to resolve the issues without removing everything and starting again?

D

Deleted member 49260

Cookie - it’s a poor job all round and I can’t see it getting any better tomorrow!

Adey - I’ve seen them before a few times, I’m not really a fan of the 3 way mitre, I avoid those rounded trims at all costs, there very dated and offensive. I prefer the top two mitred and the bottom one cut straight if I must use them.

I'd second the idea of a 2 way and the 3rd trim cut square to butt up but I don't think the vertical trim is the correct one as it looks wrong in picture 4?
Oh hang on, post #8 of the overhang issue would seem to indicate the trim is too thick for the tiles so won't play nicely up a corner to a cill.

C

cookie

Hi Neil, the tiles are 7mm and the trim says 8mm. But the overhang on the window sill is much more than an extra 1mm.

D

Deleted member 49260

The 7mm thickness is the main centre body of tile not the bevelled edges, so any cut corner tiles will always be iffy with even just an 8mm trim - but looking at that edge it looks way morethan (TM) a millimetre on post #8.
As I say I'm a DIYer, but something ain't right with pic 4 (+5) of post 1, in fact I can't quite get my head around it unless that trim is different!?
Adey's post 9/10 is how it should look when done properly as a three way, indeed if the top flat trims were just mitred you can probably tell the vertical would butt up nicely - on the table example at least.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just found the originals on my laptop (nearly 10 years old) - must have posted it on here once. Remember practicing it thinking I'll need to do them all the time - never done it once! Apart from the time I had to show my Dad 'cos he insisted it was impossible.

Reply to Does this edging strip look ok? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen