Search the forum,

Discuss Do You Use Spacers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Though I would start this one.

Do you use spacers???

If you dont , what are the reasons?

How experienced where you when you decided not to use them?

I always use them but last week tried tiling without them and job went really well.

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
have to use em on large format on walls, but if fixing small tiles with a good non slip sometimes not, floors almost never ...

T

trev

I agree, floors never and especially diagonal set on walls (around windows):furious3: :yes:

:stupid:

S

sWe

I carry a few handfulls of spacers of different sizes around in small plastic bags in my tool box (one of them), and I mostly use them to check the width of the grout lines on the first row of tiles. The only times I actually use them for anything but that, is when I fix wall tiles heavy enough to slip.

I learned to tile without supports such as spacers from the very start. Alot harder in the begining if you don't know the pitfalls and haven't got top notch hand eye coordination, but once you get the hang of it, it's ALOT faster, and the result is of the same quality as tiling with spacers. It takes a little practise to develop "the eye" for it properly, but once you're there, you'll notice the pile of tiles vanishes before you know it.

L

LM Ceramics

i use spacers on walls now when i was working for a firm i did learn how to not use them on small tiles but my eyes were brilliant so i prefer using them on walls

floors i never use spacers dont see the point unless your blind

C

charlie1

I think ti is a big step learning not to use spacers, but the benifit is double speed.

Thats it , i'm not using any tomorow.

Reply to Do You Use Spacers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, hope you are all having a good weekend. I am going to be tiling the splashback...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’ve been trying to seek advice on whether the recently finished tiling/grouting in my...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen