Search the forum,

Discuss Do you use foam edging strips for SLC? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
I have never used foam edging strips with self levelling compounds. Installing UFH tomorrow.

Its been a while since i SLC so thought id watch a few videos as a refresher. Everyone seems to being using foam strips. Is this the done thing?

Thanks

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
Where do you get your perimeter foam strips from out of interest. Im going to need to pick some up in the morning? I was considering using off cuts of warmup board but its 10mm and could be costly if there are not enough off cuts.

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
expanding foam or cut down XP-PRO insulation boards for me

Its going to have to be foam I think. Would this be? ok http://www.NoLinksToThis/p/no-nonse...ml/75470#product_additional_details_container

5mm round the edges sound ok? I'll use off cuts of board if I have enough.

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
Foam it is I think. I'll get some strips in for next time.
I'll put 10mil around the permitter. Should do the job
Using 10mil warmup board buddy.

J

J Sid

off cuts of the warmup boards can be cut and stuck to wall and cut of after the leveller is dry

Reply to Do you use foam edging strips for SLC? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen