Search the forum,

Discuss do moisture boards need priming.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

little eagle

its a big job we've been looking at, some of the walls have been skimmed some have normal plaster boards but quite a few have what look like plaster boards but they are bluey/green in colour. i asked what they were and was told they were moisture boards which are ideal for use in wet areas ie. showers. i cut a corner from one and it is a plaster board on the inside the only difference i could see was the colour.

L

little eagle

i have just found this from their website, hope you can help.
GTEC Moisture Board

GTEC Moisture Board has one decorative green face with tapered edges and a green faced back liner, and is suitable for installation with stud partitions, lining systems and ceilings that require superior moisture resistance.

D

DHTiling

Not one i have heard of..?

Contact your adhesive tech line and confirm suitability and adhesive choice.

W

White Room

Moisture resistant boards, low suction, I would use a cement based addy.

You could be waiting a while for tubbed gear to go off

P

Perry

you need a single part cement based with admix spf you are better using ordinary plasterboard as its not as easy to stick to moisture resistant boards you wont need to prime it but check with the adhesive supplier just in case

Reply to do moisture boards need priming.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen