Search the forum,

Discuss Do I prime skimmed and bare plastered board walls before tiling? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I have recently stripped the bathroom. I have 2 walls in non water area. One wall is new plasterboard and the other wall is skimmed plasterboard that I have managed to get most of the paint off though planing to use a 120grit orbiter to clean off any loose pain

Both these walls will be tiled over. Do I need to use a specific type of primer on these two types of walls before calling a tiler in to tile the bathrrrom

Thanks

Reaction score
yes, use either SBR or acrylic primer.
Your tiler should do the job and he will probably have his favorite, if he was going to go ahead without it, call a real tiler!

Reply to Do I prime skimmed and bare plastered board walls before tiling? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen