Search the forum,

Discuss do i need to prime ply? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

python

as per the title. decided to lay a new fllor. fresh ply. do i need to prime it? thanks guys. ill get the hang of this yet.

D

DHTiling

Read the instructions on ya adhesive bag.....normally you do not prime face side of ply but check with manufacturer first...

G

Gazzatile

I always prime wood as even marine ply will take in water and as plywood coming into UK is not as good as it was several years ago a thin coat of a good primer helps with adhesion

D

david campbell

tend to give most ply a coat of primer now,for all it costs its better to be safe than sorry!

B

brian c

dont use Bal much really and i know what Russ is saying but im with Davy on this one ,i always prime ply face side.

Reply to do i need to prime ply? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen