Search the forum,

Discuss Do 195mm x 195mm slightly bumpy whites existing in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

I have a customer who has,as part of a bathroom a recessed 3 sided shower tray that is leaking and will require the lower 3 sides of the tiling removed and taken back to the studwork(or further) whilst not disturbing the matching tile around the rest of the room.
So are do 195mm x195mm tiles still exist? proving hard to find so far.

T

Tile Shop

Closest I can think of is the Johnsons 197mm Alpine. Got any loose tiles to show the markings on the back?

B

Bill

Is it full tile off the tray? If not just put the new ones in starting from the last row of original tiles fixed to break the vertical bond.

O

On one

Closest I can think of is the Johnsons 197mm Alpine. Got any loose tiles to show the markings on the back?
There is one cracked sliver at the bottom of the tray that I have asked the customer to prise off and if there are any id marks.

O

On one

Off setting the bond on some 200mm x 200mm might look too close,but not quite match.
Something different like white metros might work though......up to the customers personal choice really.

T

Tile Shop

First one is Rako/Lasselsberger Color One. Nominal size is 20x20 but the working size is actually 198x198..... as for the bottom one, that is the BCT, also 198x198....... although occasionally 202 or 197 or 200 or 204..... and thats just one box :)

Joking. they really are 198.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First one is Rako/Lasselsberger Color One. Nominal size is 20x20 but the working size is actually 198x198..... as for the bottom one, that is the BCT, also 198x198....... although occasionally 202 or 197 or 200 or 204..... and thats just one box :)

Joking. they really are 198.

The Amount of cheap end tiles that vary like you said is scary and not fun :(
Do you also find they advertise (for example) 250x250 but may be 249 on the bottom but on the top then 248 or 250 on the top... 2mm grout joint-GONE lol

Reply to Do 195mm x 195mm slightly bumpy whites existing in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen