Search the forum,

Discuss DNA Test Results Back! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ancestery.co.uk
Was quite easy once you get back a few generations. It then starts to suggest electoral roll entries and whatnot with matching family names on so you can find other siblings and things to add to your tree, which then gives more suggestions.

Something which may seem really obvious to most people didn't click with me.

I got back to my 14th great grandfather and great grandmother (so far) and that doesn't mean I have just those two. I have 14 pairs of them when you get that far back So your tree literally expands massively once you get a few generations back. So if you get stuck on one of those 14 lines, there's 13 others to tackle. I could see why some people work on them their whole lives. It can never end.

Off the back of that. I found out some were in wars (obviously) and what they did. What their trades were back in the day. All sorts of stuff. Very interesting.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Shame that is. Might spark some memories though if you can mention some names he's forgetting perhaps if it's not too set in yet. Maybe.

Bloke next door to me at my last house had dementia and still lived there as his family lived down the road. Used to think I was family sometimes and come out and sing when we were gardening. Sometimes brings out some cool sides to people that crazy thing does. He would never sing usually his family said. His got quite serious quite quickly though and after I'd moved I saw his son and he did say he had to go into a care home bless him. Hope he has a garden there he loved it. Proper green fingers. Shyte voice. But good tomatoes.

Reply to DNA Test Results Back! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen