Currently reading:
dissolving backing - glass metro tiles

Discuss dissolving backing - glass metro tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

cazzapop

Hi,
Looking for some ideas about what could have caused our lovely glass tiles to look like they are either wet behind them or the backing coating is dissolving away.
At first we thought they were still drying out but as the weeks have progressed there are more and more 'patches' where it looks as if they are not adhered properly.
Could this be due to an apllication/ adhesive problem? Should we strip them and start again? There were no special instructions with the tiles. Standard glass metro tiles from topps tiles. I am assured glass adhesive was used by our tiler.
I will try attach some pics to show our problem and would be grateful for any ideas as to the cause or if we should wait (been 3 months since done) and see if dries out.
Thanking you all.

Attachments

• 2014-01-05 11.23.28.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 2014-01-05 11.23.48.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 2014-01-05 11.24.44.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 82
  • 2014-01-05 11.28.07.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 77
M

Mr Tiler

Your a lad ! read a bit more about where tiles of all materials come from ,T..........and the different materials they are made from, and how they are made... then you don't sound like Donkey when you speak write......love-you T

understood dave tbh I need to start looking up different tyle types ive jut concentrated on the actual tiling side mainly :thumbsup:

Reply to dissolving backing - glass metro tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement