Search the forum,

Discuss Dismayed with poor tiling in bathroom...advice needed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
To be honest I'm looking at that and all that seems wrong is the trim work . That could be sorted . That gap by the door would immediately look better with a clever piece of silicone work . You have one lippy tile . The corner would look better if the grout was raked out and it was siliconed .

I thought that initially but it looks worse in person. There are loads of lips.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I doubt it’s as easy as leaving a good review, I bet there is a rectification procedure etc before you can leave negative feedback.
I bet it’s really difficult.

The site won’t work/make money if it’s full of bad reviews.

D

Dumbo

I doubt it’s as easy as leaving a good review, I bet there is a rectification procedure etc before you can leave negative feedback.
I bet it’s really difficult.

The site won’t work/make money if it’s full of bad reviews.
Maybe he could try and let us know

O

One Day

These sites like checkatrade should be held accountable. Strange that they aren't isn't it?! Even the hallowed TTA isn't averse to turning a blind eye to some of their dodgy members.
Op, has zero chance of any further recourse unless small claims court is involved.
Personally I'd take the hit and rip everything out and start again using someone with real, checkable recommendations this time.

Reaction score
These sites like checkatrade should be held accountable. Strange that they aren't isn't it?! Even the hallowed TTA isn't averse to turning a blind eye to some of their dodgy members.
Op, has zero chance of any further recourse unless small claims court is involved.
Personally I'd take the hit and rip everything out and start again using someone with real, checkable recommendations this time.

This is the course of action I’ve decided to take. My plumber is fantastic and has had his own business for years, fitting many bathrooms. We chatted yesterday and next week we are cutting out the 2 plasterboard walls and re boarding them. The decor tiles along the length if the bath are actually very good so they will remain. We will smash off the top row of tiles along the window and drop the height of the window sill to make the window reveal deeper and draw your eye away from the fact it isn’t level.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Why not raise the height of the sill so you can finish the whole row on a full tile and then tile in the sill to the same level, will look much better imo as there is such a small amount of tile going in there even if it gets slightly bigger and less trim work required to go wrong. However it does look a bit tight for that as there isn't much more height to play with

Last edited:
B

Bill

This is the course of action I’ve decided to take. My plumber is fantastic and has had his own business for years, fitting many bathrooms. We chatted yesterday and next week we are cutting out the 2 plasterboard walls and re boarding them. The decor tiles along the length if the bath are actually very good so they will remain. We will smash off the top row of tiles along the window and drop the height of the window sill to make the window reveal deeper and draw your eye away from the fact it isn’t level.
Smashing off just the top row will not help if that row is not level in the first place which to me, it doesn't look like it is. (Unless the window is out too)

Reaction score
Why not raise the height of the sill so you can finish the whole row on a full tile and then tile in the sill to the same level, will look much better imo as there is such a small amount of tile going in there even if it gets slightly bigger and less trim work required to go wrong. However it does look a bit tight for that as there isn't much more height to play with
My plumber brought along his tiler friend who he highly recommended (don’t ask me why I didn’t ask him for recommendations in the first place as I feel stupid for not doing this!!!) and we chatted about doing exactly that however it would take the tile up past the chamfered/sloping edge of the window. This only way to go is down to make it look acceptable really. We will then see if the sill can be re-tiled or we fit a wooden sill and tile to that, framing the window and not wrapping round into the reveal. It doesn’t help as the window is running out.

Last edited:

Reply to Dismayed with poor tiling in bathroom...advice needed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen