Search the forum,

Discuss Discontinued Homebase tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

contactkay

Hi there all,

A bit of a newbie at the whole diy game and so got someone in to do the tiling. However, with just a bit around the window to do and the sill we discovered that we'd bought one box (1sqm) of tile in the wrong tile. We are now stuffed as that particular tile is now discontinued. We are hoping to put a similar tile on and then paint over all the tiles in tile paint. Any suggestions? The tile we are using is a becky grey ceramic tile and we will then top up with christy grey.

Thank you,

Kay

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
had this issue on a job 3 weeks ago when the customer had his wetroom tiled in homebase tiles and ran out only to find they had discontinued there tiles.arses.:mad2: its up to yourself but i wouldnt be happy painting a newly tiled wall mate id cut my losses and start again.

F

frogeye

Just because one Homebase has run out doesn't mean that they all have
Phone around a bit first
If not, are there any areas that will be having a nice big mirror fixed or similar, where you can substitute the tiles?
Just a thought

frogeye

T

theyomper

If you go into your local store and ask them to do a system search by region for that tile they may be able to locate which store has any stock.

C

contactkay

We've tried that and calling each store but they all claim discontinued. Thanks anyway.

D

DHTiling

Kay..have you tried contacting the tile manufacturer direct....they might know of another supplier for them .. other than homebase...

C

contactkay

I'd love to but I don't know who they are or how to find out. Any suggestions would be very welcomed!

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i done the same thing,contacted every store in east scotland all are discontinued so maybe the fact that homebase clear all there shelves when discontinuing lines of tiles in all there stores.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
tile shop in wandsworth in london called criterion tiles started of as the reject tile shop and still runs under this name i beleive,they source and re sell large discontinued lines of tiles from other suppliers it may be worth giving them a call and asking? just google criterion tiles and the number shall come up:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Just the name of the tile..and the manufacture( which should be on the box) will do and i will if i can find them for you....

Reply to Discontinued Homebase tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen