Discuss Discontinued ceramic floor tile - Aydos in the Free Discontinued Tile Finding Service area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 53004

I'm searching for 4 x ceramic graphite-marl floor tiles that I originally bought in Topps Tile Centre in 2007. It's 300x300mm and Topps tell me they had this in stock for a few years after I bought it, but that it's now been discontinued. Anyone know where I can get any from please?

Aydos Bathroom tile 300x300 (2).JPG

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Topps will be the only place I think. They did do a tile-finding service where they'd put a call out to the other stores. But I think that's automatically checkable now from any store, so they'd have quickly found them if they had some in stock even if at the back of one of their small store warehouses hidden away. They do an annual stock-check so they're all on their systems now.

Is this a case of replacing a cracked on? Or something like that?

D

Deleted member 53004

Topps will be the only place I think. They did do a tile-finding service where they'd put a call out to the other stores. But I think that's automatically checkable now from any store, so they'd have quickly found them if they had some in stock even if at the back of one of their small store warehouses hidden away. They do an annual stock-check so they're all on their systems now.

Is this a case of replacing a cracked on? Or something like that?
[automerge]1570467957[/automerge]
Thanks for the information, Dan. A repair to the Warmup underfloor heating below the tiles is required and its inevitable that 3 or 4 will get broken in the process, plus I have a cracked one. I'm not very hopeful that I'll find any replacements, but one can always hope!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh no that's a shame!

If there is any way you could find a contrasting coloured tile, and somehow spread them out across the area, so it looks like it was always meant to be that way, that might be your only option short of a full re-tile job.

Is Aydos the tile name? Don't suppose you know if it was Topps' own name for the tile and it actually had a manufacturers actual tile name in stores that aren't topps?

Long shot. Just wondering.

I used to work for Topps (a long time before those tiles were in there mind) and whilst they are huge, and did buy their own tiles in and name them, sometimes they did buy tiles that other suppliers sold too, and just renamed them inhouse.

Reply to Discontinued ceramic floor tile - Aydos in the Free Discontinued Tile Finding Service area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22