Search the forum,

Discuss Disaster! Grout stained porcelain tiles - tiles weren't sealed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

hi meek, sorry to see your floor so badly stained ,molise is a tile I am quite familar with and there is a branch of esl where I live ,when we work with molise we remove all the plastic film before tiling and clean any glue residue off of them ,the molise tile has the holes in it to make it look like travertine ,they have several colours matt and polished finish ,we normally use lithofin fz stainstop before laying and remove any excess sealer that is still on the tile after 20mins with a clean cloth,I think the brown colour grout was a mistake for this colour tile unless you were going to over grout the whole surface and fill all the holes up,I am unsure of how to remove the dye from your tiles but if it was me I would try a rotary floor polishing machine and an abrasive cleaner such as nanoscrub or lithofin abra-clean ,to see if its worth pursuing this method get some cif and a scotchbrite pad and do a test area to see if it does any good,good luck,
Esl are pretty helpful ring Tony at stevenage 01438 729900 :thumbsup:
pictures of molise polished with ivory grout

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Disaster! Grout stained porcelain tiles - tiles weren't sealed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.