Search the forum,

Discuss Dewalt D24000 and Frost, Beware in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I got it out of the van and set her up this morning ( I left the water tray on site) and the water pipe and I assume the pump was frozen.:yikes:Left it for an hour and it worked fine, Phew

My question is should I bring her in at night now or is there a way to fully drain the pipes and pump, what do you other dewalt owners do?
Cheers

T

tubs

Mines in the garage probably frozen, will run the pump out of the water to ensure pipes are empty, but no doubt there will be some water left somewhere, when i use it next !

D

DHTiling

Leave the saw running for a few secs with the pump out of the water....it clears the pipe..:thumbsup:

H

hillhead

Bloody vans get too damp inside !! the inside roof in back of my traffic is a disgrace:incazzato:
Bloody frost on it today,that nice for my tools.:mad2:

W

White Room

Drippy roof then mate, I know in my old urvan they had insulation and never had that problem, my transit is another story

H

hillhead

I have to investigate it further,i looked into the back of and old transporter this week and it had a roof covering !! if the new transporters have one thats my next van !!
problem is my van is only 2.5 years old.:mad2:

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
VW Caddys have roof linings too Joe:prrr:
How about something like this?
[DLMURL="http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180444299917&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]eBay.ie: Moldable CARPET for Volkswagen VW T4 T5 camper van (item 180444299917 end time 21-Dec-09 12:11:14 GMT)[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rob Z

Leave the saw running for a few secs with the pump out of the water....it clears the pipe..:thumbsup:

Ditto.

Tommy, we also go to the laundry sink and get a bucket of hot water and pour that into the tray first thing in the morning.:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
P

peckers

I have to investigate it further,i looked into the back of and old transporter this week and it had a roof covering !! if the new transporters have one thats my next van !!
problem is my van is only 2.5 years old.:mad2:
The new ones have a lining on the roof too! I have one and no condensation at all keeping me tools nice and dry!
My m8 has the 09 transit and when you look in the back in the morning everything is frozen even the tools :mad2:

Reply to Dewalt D24000 and Frost, Beware in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen