Search the forum,

Discuss D24000 Set Up - just a couple of questions... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi fellow D24000 owners:thumbsup:

Obviously the instruction manual is entirely pictorial (which sometimes can be read differently from one user to the next!) so just a couple of queries that I could do with getting right:

1. I understand the sections H1, H2, I1 and I2 - which basically demonstrate how to set the blade square - but am not too sure of sections J through to O :nonod: The way I read it is that you run your blade through part 58 which then indicates your cutting line? But not quite sure what the adjustments to the rails and parts 59 and 60 are shown for...:nonod: Is it to set the gauging ruler accurately?

2. In Diagram O, it shows the clip which is fitted to the water pipe just before the pump. Whats that clip for? it looks to me like it is to simply cut off the water supply to the pump - but why would you need to do that?:yikes:

I'm pretty confident that these will seem like ridiculous questions to you guys that have had these machines for ages, but I just want to get it right first time:thumbsup:

Also, the rubber to one of the sections on my cutting bed looks a bit dodgy and not as smooth and hard wearing as the others sections of the bed :thumbsdown: Does anyone else have this with theirs? Not sure if these photos shows it up very well...

IMG00070-20100619-1105.jpg

IMG00068-20100618-1752.jpg

Last edited:
G

Gazzer

No problems with the rubber at all ???
Running the wheel through the "puck" does give you an indication to your cutting line.
The clip is to control the flow of water, I would prefer a tap myself and keep meaning to change it.
Not sure what you mean about the rest of your questions as I dont have the hand book to hand at the moment.

Reaction score
is the rubber part 58 you refer to to make a kerf referance ? this is just to allow for blade buzz giving a wider cut than its nominal width

I think it is Spanish mate:thumbsup:

Once you've set your blade perfectly square and made any adjustments that may be necessary, you run your saw though this 'puck' to give you a cutting reference at the base of the cutting bed:thumbsup:

Reply to D24000 Set Up - just a couple of questions... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen