Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting Wickes Everest Slate Porcelain Tiles in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

JSmith1

TF
Reaction score
Out of interest who manufactures this tile?
And don't say Wickeso_Oo_Oo_O......could be manufacturers name imprinted on the back(Johnsons?)
Out of interest who manufactures this tile?
And don't say Wickeso_Oo_Oo_O......could be manufacturers name imprinted on the back(Johnsons?)

Branded Wickes, but "Manufactured by a member of the Travis Perkins Group", tiles are stamped made in Turkey.

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been a long time reader of this forum and it has already helped me a lot, so thanks to you all for that.

I have recently started replacing my bathroom, it's been going fine so far, but I've just come across a problem with the tiling that I hope you could help me with.

We ended up going with the Wickes Everest Slate porcelain tiles (Wickes Everest Slate Porcelain Tile 600 x 300mm | Wickes.co.uk - https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Everest-Slate-Porcelain-Tile-600-x-300mm/p/147442) and the tiles already on the wall look great. I am at the point now where I need to start cutting some of them down, however this is the problem...

I have tried cutting the tiles with two different wet saws with two different blades and also tried a score and snap cutter (Rubi Practic 60), however on each cut I am getting severe chips on the cut edge that make the tile unusable.

I was hoping someone here could offer some advice to help me, as I'm pretty stuck at the moment.

Thanks very much in advance for any advice - it's much appreciated.

(Tile on black background is the one cut with the Rubi, other one cut with wet cutter)

View attachment 105898 View attachment 105899
There a tough tile to work with, montolit dna

Reply to Cutting Wickes Everest Slate Porcelain Tiles in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen