Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting large porcelain tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Mick

TF
Reaction score
Hi
I have a 900 x 900 shower enclosure that was showing some dampness through the grout joints and solid plastered brick walls after 20+ years.
I liked the tiles and have manage to remove and clean most of the 250x 300 porcelain tiles, ready to refit after tanking the walls, (on a tight budget!). I baked the tiles in a oven and scraped the adhesive off, as suggested in an old post on here, it worked well.

I have got about a gap of about 415 up from the shower tray with no tiling, some tiles were damaged. I cant find a suitable tile to patch they don't make my tile in size or finish any more.

I was thinking of cutting down 3 large similar styled porcelain tiles to make a slightly different coloured plinth tile at the base, about 900 x 415mm. That way I wouldn't have to worry about the grout lines not lining up.

I was looking into the best way to cut the large porcelain tiles. I have an angle grinder was thinking of the following blade:
Monolit CGX 115 (DNA Evo3)
Montolit CGX 115mm (DNA Evo 3) Diamond Wheel / Blade (22.2mm bore) £34.79 + VAT in stock - next day UK delivery plus Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools - https://www.tradetiler.com/montolit-cgx-115mm-dna-evo-3-diamond-wheel-blade-22-2mm-bore.html

Does that seem suitable? or are there any better solutions on a tight budget?
Many Thanks

Reply to Cutting large porcelain tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen