Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Cutting Corners Metal Trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jonboz46

Hi All
Can anyone please advise as to the best (easiest LOL)way of cutting the corners on metal trim,with a slight curved profile.All my corners are not square so looks like a nightmare to mitre them.
Many Thanks
Jonboz

D

diamondtiling

When you say your corners are not square does that mean you have not tiled yet?
Are these trims going to be on top of a row of tiles around a wall or are they for around a window?

J

jonboz46

The first run of trim will sit on top of 25cm x 33cm then 2 runs of mosiacs and then another run of metal trim,followed by more tiles.

D

diamondtiling

You have to make the tiles even and true so that you can get the trims on properly, are the walls in a bad state?

J

jonboz46

Walls are ok ish,plaster board has moved between joists a little in places but not enough that extra adhesive to fill differance will make good.

D

diamondtiling

That does not sound encouraging, packing out with adhesive is not the way forward. More prep work now on the walls will give you a far better finish.

:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

mitring the trims is the best way, some people use ready made formed corners, but personally I don't like them

Reply to Cutting Corners Metal Trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks