Search the forum,

Discuss Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
great job as allways phil , i dont like the trim , but not your choice, stick it out get ya money , then let ripp , best advice i can give

J

jonnyc

what finish would you haven chosen for external corners if she had let you chose.
sometimes phil you can never win .
just need one little thing to go wrong and then clients are all over you.
in this instance you have not even been wrong in first instance.
if it was me and i would bite my lip, at least until cleared monies in.
the biggest problems i have had with payments are from clients who i have argued with!!
it felt good to say my piece at the time but long term cost me loads.
i have less patience as i get older but i have got a bit wiser

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spud

Finish up what you have priced up to do and give her the bill, it must be silly season as I have the most fussy customer I have encountered in many years at the moment

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

It's getting worse nurse, this woman is a real whack job. I will be meeting her Wed am. whether I come out OK or get arrested, who knows?

I could do without this crap atm.

Definitely a true nutter.:mad2:

D

Deleted member 9966

if you're able to sit down when you meet with her Phil, sit on your hands. that will stop you wanting and being able to throttle her, and it will make you look non-confrontational :smilewinkgrin:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Thanks Mark, you are a gent.

We are open to this kind of abuse everyday, If I could post more pics and get some honest opinions, maybe I can convince this client that I am not a cowboy who is trying to rip her off.

I have spent two half days for free (my choice) to help the job on.

I hope If I can put some pics on here to show the prep work, you good people could explain the effort that goes into our work.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Just as a matter of interest Phil, how did you come by the work Phil, recommendation, advert, through TF?

If it was me I think I would be happy to finish the job and then let her pick fault. You are clearly happy with the quality of the work, and open to any professional/agency/and then give her the chance to pay you within 7 days. If she refuses I would threaten to take legal action to claim the full amount owed from her.

Sometimes just the threat is enough for people to cave in. But as I said if you are happy the work is to a certain standard then there is no reason for her to pay you

(My guess is that she doesn't like the floor tiles now they're down!!!! See post 6)

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I would meet her with a freindly attitude. ( only to get the job finished and get paid) . Apart from the Richard III in the bog, I bet she doesn't like the tiles, so your getting the stick.
Swallow your pride and start with, morning mrs blogs, I'm sorry your not happy with my work, I will change anything your not happy with. At my cost.
I know she's a nutter, but most people will respond better if we are a little less precious and a bit more humble. She is obviously confrontational, and if you are, your not going to get any job satisfaction or get paid.
try this (with a smile) and see what happens. You have nothing to lose.
If this doesn't work, get some rockwool insulation and sprinkle it in here knicker draw.

Reply to Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen