Search the forum,

Discuss Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Just as a matter of interest Phil, how did you come by the work Phil, recommendation, advert, through TF?

If it was me I think I would be happy to finish the job and then let her pick fault. You are clearly happy with the quality of the work, and open to any professional/agency/and then give her the chance to pay you within 7 days. If she refuses I would threaten to take legal action to claim the full amount owed from her.

Sometimes just the threat is enough for people to cave in. But as I said if you are happy the work is to a certain standard then there is no reason for her to pay you

(My guess is that she doesn't like the floor tiles now they're down!!!! See post 6)

Website I think John, but I gave her a daywork rate as the prep work, tanking etc was impossible to put a completion time on it.

The wet room alone took days to get the correct falls. I hope my sleepless nights will be over soon and things turn out well, but I doubt it.

If anyone can comment on the pics I will put up, that would help my case.

These people need to be taught a lesson.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Website I think John, but I gave her a daywork rate as the prep work, tanking etc was impossible to put a completion time on it.

The wet room alone took days to get the correct falls. I hope my sleepless nights will be over soon and things turn out well, but I doubt it.

If anyone can comment on the pics I will put up, that would help my case.

These people need to be taught a lesson.

Here you go Phil, cast your mince pies over this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dont-Sweat-Small-Stuff-its/dp/0340708018

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Looking at the pictures. Apart from the floor tiles not being in keeping with the wall tiles. (Personal chice) and the white trims ( but metros are difficult to mitre without leaving a sharp edge)

i can't honestly see anything wrong with the standard of work. The tray is very tidy.

Seems you abe 2 choices.
1 do some creeping, finish the job and get paid.
2 walk away, put it to experience and no pay!

i would go for option 1. You won't be teaching her a lesson by walking off. You will be another win for her.

T

Just punch her. :thumbsup:

I am a professional CJ but I would love to do just that, not PC sadly we have to put up with these morons who think we are just animals, we don't need toilets or washing facilities, or even wages.

We are not skilled tradesmen, we are just scruffy ingnorant loosers, who should be grateful for the work they offer us.

Sorry if I seem bitter, but I am.

C

Colour Republic

Question for you Phil. How many engineers have you worked for? Did that very word not set alarm bells?

I can think of only one job I did for an engineer where I liked the bloke, the others have been pain in the arses (talking out of them too) and i've turned away work from many who i could just tell would be trouble!

T

Question for you Phil. How many engineers have you worked for? Did that very word not set alarm bells?

I can think of only one job I did for an engineer where I liked the bloke, the others have been pain in the arses (talking out of them too) and i've turned away work from many who i could just tell would be trouble!

A couple Rob, but no more after this one. I think I posted once about a guy who was a precision engineer who told me he worked to one hundred thousand of an inch, I told him I work until the job is right, he never replied, but he didn't bother me again.

O

Old Mod

Metro's!!! They make run from the building screaming! Horrid things!
You know the one Phil...... Friends close, enemies closer!
As u've worked to her instruction, then your conscience should be clear, but I know professional pride gets in the way of that!
Nothing wrong with those mitres, she does know it's not MDF right? Haha
Dig deep mate, it'll be over soon.
She has to live with her choices, u don't!

C

charlie1

Phil, I think your used with customers that really appreciate you excellent work and this does make all the difference to your working environment. Unfortunately you seem to be working for someone who is maybe trying to micro manage you, this probably is having adverse effect on you and the job but she will feel happy at the end knowing she has "in her mind" managed you but I bet if she just left yon alone you would be a lot calmer in the head and you would be more flowing in your work. We all know exactly where you are coming from. Yes, I'd be prepared for an extensive snagging list by the sounds of it, think you could be dealing with someone with OCD issues.

Your work as always looks great mate, can't pick fault with any of it, chin up!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Im certain its funny funny season as well.
Noticed that January JOTM was a bit thin for entries. I have/had one to put in. But i too have an OCC (obsessive compulsive client) this wetroom needed a different tray size and extra work to avoid potential issues. My advice was argued with and ignored and now Im back here for a second day redoing the whole floor.
You need the patience of a saint for this job. The stress sometimes is overwhelming. The way i figure it now though. Advise. Do as Im told. Spin the i told you so line and rebill them for the extra work after the first invoice is paid up.

Trouble i find is i love my job too much. Im sure most of you are the same. We know how to deliver the best finish. If a customer isn't willing to listen then that's there problem and will cost them financially in the end.

Hope it works out Phil.

Reply to Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen