Search the forum,

Discuss Cracked floor tiles in Texas in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Our house is approx 20 years old. Over the past 2 years or so hairline cracks have formed along two sections of our bathroom floor tiles. They are growing longer. Could this be a problem related to the original installation, or is it more likely a substrate issue? I’m wondering if the concrete slab underneath has cracked. What do you think and can anyone give advice, please? We are in Houston, Tx.
IMG_8172.jpeg
IMG_8172.jpeg

Reaction score
I'm guessing that the substrate has cracked, they should have been laid over a decoupling mat or laid over boards.
Could be thermal expansion or subsidence.
They look like Travertine which is very soft and brittle, I can't recommend a cure, think the floor will need redoing

Reply to Cracked floor tiles in Texas in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen