Currently reading:
cost of polishing marble edges

Search the forum,

Discuss cost of polishing marble edges in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Firstly do you have the tools to do the job ? Then Have you used them before? Pads dont last for ever and marble is harder on the pads than travertine or Limestone I have found. The same for the bullnosing bit.
Yeah its all a learning curve but you have to start somewhere.
On a few jobs I have done, I was able to bring tiles home and polish them up in the workshop or outside in my own time.
Take a polythene sheet with you too as its a messy job.

S

SquareEyes

thanks a lot everyone, you've all helped me come to a more realistic price for doing this. I never considered taking it to a stone masons before to see how much they would do it as I always tend to try and get it done myself, but I like the idea.

In the end I've gone for a middle ground of what you've all said. calculating the time spent from my daily price / a linear price from my metre-age which should help me get an average, plus wear on equipment. seems fairer to me and the client really.

I have the polishing kit and have polished some marble on the last couple of jobs, but I didn't have an idea of what to charge for it. It was amazing to see just how good a finish you can get with them. Once they've been buffed up you can't tell that it wasn't factory finished.

The pads I have a dry pads - does anyone have any preference to dry or wet pads?

Reply to cost of polishing marble edges in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.