Search the forum,

Discuss Complete newbie looking for tiling advice - all opinions welcome! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Garry Adams

Afternoon everyone!

I am an installer of large security systems (CCTV, Fire, Intruder and Access) and a pretty hands on guy, however, I have never attempted tiling before so ive never had the option of having to choose tiles in a new kitchen. The tiling itself i'm hoping I can get my head around but i'm struggling to find a style and colour... which is where I am hoping you lovely people can help!

Kitchen Planner

The link above is to some plans we made up that we loved and went with independently in the end. The flooring is granite tiles in reality (not wood) and the chimney will be a black angled style. I'm open to options really and would love to advice on what to go for to set off the kitchen.

Thank you!

Garry

O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum Garry.
Lovely kitchen, nice clean lines, I’d want my tiles to be just as clean.
So I’d go for something like this they’re all one piece and no grout joints.

9A0B1DDC-E2B4-4E02-BD37-FE6553C9A8F3.jpeg 73E9C10D-EBF7-43CD-A996-1576102EAB66.jpeg 3E1B5337-583D-4BDF-95AC-83BC017FCAFA.jpeg

T

Time's Ran Out

Guys, sorry I’ve had a busy weekend but it’s definitely a small world and I’ve had a little chuckle reading the comments... who doesn’t know Rodger!

As this is very new to me, is there anyone that can recommend a fitter if they have to be installed professionally?

Thanks for your help so far!

Kitchen is coming along nicely :)

View attachment 103081 View attachment 103082 View attachment 103083

I’ve tried to be discreet - @3_fall !
Pm him and I’am sure he could give you a price indication.

Reply to Complete newbie looking for tiling advice - all opinions welcome! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement