Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Complete newbie looking for tiling advice - all opinions welcome! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

G

Garry Adams

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Afternoon everyone!

I am an installer of large security systems (CCTV, Fire, Intruder and Access) and a pretty hands on guy, however, I have never attempted tile before so ive never had the option of having to choose tiles in a new kitchen. The tile itself i'm hoping I can get my head around but i'm struggling to find a style and colour... which is where I am hoping you lovely people can help!

Kitchen Planner

The link above is to some plans we made up that we loved and went with independently in the end. The flooring is granite tiles in reality (not wood) and the chimney will be a black angled style. I'm open to options really and would love to advice on what to go for to set off the kitchen.

Thank you!

Garry

OP
O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum Garry.
Lovely kitchen, nice clean lines, I’d want my tiles to be just as clean.
So I’d go for something like this they’re all one piece and no grout joints.

9A0B1DDC-E2B4-4E02-BD37-FE6553C9A8F3.jpeg 73E9C10D-EBF7-43CD-A996-1576102EAB66.jpeg 3E1B5337-583D-4BDF-95AC-83BC017FCAFA.jpeg

OP
J

J Sid

welcome
for me I wouldn't tile it now, got an upstand which looks good.
you'd have to remove the paint and I hate tile kitchen splashbacks

OP
G

Garry Adams

Thank you for the replies so far guys!

@3_fall - where would I obtain such a one piece tile? My partner and I are both interested and think it looks really smart.

OP
O

Old Mod

There are quite a number of manufacturers actually.
It may depend on what size slab you need.
There is:
Florim
Porcel-thin
Flaviker
Porcelanosa
Just to name a few.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I’ve worked in Swindon and Wotton Bassett, what a small world we live in. :tearsofjoy:

Reply to Complete newbie looking for tiling advice - all opinions welcome! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock