Discuss Cleaning Bright finish trim in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

john56897452

Might be the wrong section........but here goes.

Fitted Genesis bright finish trim to the outside of a window recess. After taking off the protective film I find I have still left behind streaks and patches of tile cement (Mapei shower and bathroom). Looking at the finish any abrasive will scratch the finish and scraping will have the same effect.

I have tried just fairy liquid and a cloth with no result (probably obvious), is there a cleaner that will dissolve the adhesive and keep the finish?

Thanks

John.

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You could try sticky label remover, not sure who makes it but CTD should be able
to supply

J

john56897452

Thanks Albert,

It's not sticky adhesive, it's tile adhesive that's on the trim. A cement type thats stuck solid.

D

Dumbo

Maybe if you sprayed it with a fairy liquid solution and kept it wet for a little while maybe the akali in the fairy liquid would break it down a bit . But may @Lithofin BOB could be a good one for this .

Reaction score
I'm presuming its a bit of adhesive between the tile and the trim?
I think you might have to be brave, and with a steady hand scrape it off with a Stanley knife, or a scraper. Obviously we're not scraping the actual trim yeah

Reply to Cleaning Bright finish trim in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks