Search the forum,

Discuss Cleaning Black Polished Porcelain Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

j8yba

Hi, we've had our tiles down a year now and on occasion we'd had a company come in and buff them, not very professionally mind, but at least they looked a bit better after buffing.

We now really need them cleaning though and properly polishing, i've posted on this forum before as these tiles are the dreaded B&Q black 500x500's. Which B&Q admitted were at fault. The tiles arent exactly a polished finish but more of a hazy finish.

Anyway, we need someone to come in and clean them and polish them for us, this could be a regular thing. We're based in Southport so someone Merseyside/West Lancs if anyone can be recommended.

I've also heard of an acrylic covering which could be layered over, but ill post this as a new thread.

T

Time's Ran Out

Whatever you get put on the surface will stay on the surface - for a very short time - before it wears off!
It's the quality of the product that is the problem and if the supplier has admitted 'not fit for purpose' then that's the route I be going.

S

Spud

I have just tiled a floor using black porcelain purchased from B & Q 5 years ago the customer had them stored in their shed in anticipation of eventually tiling their kitchen floor , the tiles were manufactured by guocera they had a film of them which I just removed with construction wipes and kitchen towel , they have come up really well and the floor looks good

Reply to Cleaning Black Polished Porcelain Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen