Discuss Cheap laser measure? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

quackfly

Just wonderind if anyone out there has bought a laser measure? there are some very cheap ones out there for under a score, I cant find any customer reviews for them and am wondering if they are accurate enough for domeasic measuring up? :thumbsup:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
I have used them on commercial jobs but never domestic, on the jobs I've used them I got different readings every time, I don't trust them, and it wasn't a cheapo either.

Reaction score
i use
cool-045.GIF
mine all the time now it a HILTI cost about £3oo + had it about 4 years it great

W

White Room

Got a laser level on a tripod, cheap one used once now sits in storage couple of years old now:thumbsdown:

Q

quackfly

sorry was askin about a laser measure not level, but ur right those laser levels are a bit of a gimmick imo

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Laser level good for concrete and screed floors but can't imagine they are accurate enough for tile face. I got a laser measure from a place in Corby - ex Argos stock - black and decker. Not really that impressed. It's no where near as accurate as tape.
I always try to remember to measure twice as a double check but with the laser I always get different answers. I guess it depens how accurate you want the measurements.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
reading between the postes it sounds like you get wot you pay for mine is dear but it is very very accurate :thumbsup:

Mine was £14.99 reduced from £49.99 - bargain :yikes:.......My 10m tape measure was free from Rehau Underfloor Heating installaers course though :lol:

Reply to Cheap laser measure? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay