Search the forum,

Discuss Ceramic tiles in a shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

B

Blunt Tool

Everyone and everything on this earth is made of atoms, there are 3 types, protons, neutrons and electrons so if we find out once and for all if any are bloody waterproof eureka we will find the one and only true answer, and tell the tile and adhesive manufacturers which one to use! :)

F

Flintstone

Porcelain are pretty much water proof in that water wouldn't pass through them I don't think, or soak into them. If water can get into the wall, it can certainly get into the biscuit of a ceramic tile. I'm sure I read somewhere that you can't use crackle glaze in a wet area as it will let water in to the tile

O

One Day

Everyone and everything on this earth is made of atoms, there are 3 types, protons, neutrons and electrons so if we find out once and for all if any are bloody waterproof eureka we will find the one and only true answer, and tell the tile and adhesive manufacturers which one to use! :)

I thought Protons neutrons and electrons are constituent parts of atoms, not types of atoms themselves.
Then again, I'm just a tiler...

Q

Qwerty

I know most porcs have an extremely low absorption rate so don't soak up water (<0.5%) whereas ceramics soak up water like a sponge.

I will conduct an experiment this weekend to demonstrate!

Reaction score
I know most porcs have an extremely low absorption rate so don't soak up water (<0.5%) whereas ceramics soak up water like a sponge.

I will conduct an experiment this weekend to demonstrate!
Ah see, there are some uses for Bank Holiday weekends. If I can manage my iPad well enough I will post some tiling tool reviews to compensate for you giving up precious family time to scientifically add to this debate. :cool:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ceramics soak up water on the back of the tile.
So unless you don't read the instructions and fix them glazed side down then I don't see a problem ....:)
What would your concerns be Andy?

Reply to Ceramic tiles in a shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen