Search the forum,

Discuss Ceiling tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbieraven

Hi people,

Has anybody ever tiled a ceiling, I'm doing a wetroom in a loft conversion that is pretty tight with pitched ceilings, the whole wet room is going to be tiled obviously and the project manager has suggested that we tile the ceiling too, it will be tanked and hardie backer lined, can anybody see any pit "falls" here? No pun intended :) The ceiling at the max height of the pitch is only 2.2 so reaching is not going to be a problem, just wondered how they will hold, BAL Grip probably.

Rob

R

robbieraven

The advice folks at BAL have just said never tile a ceiling?? Hummmmmm interetsing

R

robbieraven

30x30 Ceramics, I have so many things just make me think this is a bad idea, ceiling support, expansion and contraction of ceiling in loft space, supporting the tiles during setting, working around the fanlight. If anybody has ever done this would love to hear from you.

afright

TF
Reaction score
I work for a pub and hotel chain and I have done well over 200 ceiling,s in the showerooms,bathrooms, kitchen and toilets, the biggest one I have done was 70 mtr,s I would normally use 150 x150 and always tile them broken joint. I have used 200 x200 in the kitchen,s never had a problem,it all started from tiling the toilet ceiling,s to stop vandal,s punching holes in the plasterboard,it does sound a bit hard but I do find ceiling,s easy to tile and I found it faster than tiling the walls.

Last edited:

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Rob, there were pictures of a similar job posted on here a few weeks ago, possibly a JOTM entry but not sure. I'm pretty sure it was a loft/wet room conversion that was fully tiled, might be worth looking through previous entries for it

Reply to Ceiling tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen