Search the forum,

Discuss business plan in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

georgetknight

hi ther can anyone giveme some ideas re how much ishould put down that i will be earning in my first year as i am getting a grant and they have asked for a projected earnings

cheers

C

cartersmiff

who's giving you the grant? what are the criteria. I had a look around for a grant couldnt find any though.

G

georgetknight

thanks guys grant offered by the business gateway in no criteria other than a business plan and vat registered.

B

BrhTiling

I didn't think you could be VAT registered until you were earning serious amounts of cash? (60k+?)

Right now I am doing a business plan for myself and I am basing my earnings on something like 17k to start off with!

G

grumpygrouter

Anyone can be VAT registered (unless certain situations occur) it is just compulsary if you exceed the "VAT threshold" currently £64k. It's Voluntary registration if you want to be registered below the threshold. Would only think it would be beneficial if you were targeting contractors though. Domestic work adds 17.5% to your price, so might price you out of the market.

R

Rosco0110

I am waiting on the grant from business gateway as well. Don't think you need to be VAT registered - just need to do a business pan, prove you have registered with the Inland Revenue as Self Employed and have opened a business bank account.

Reply to business plan in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen