Search the forum,

Discuss Builders why do we work for them!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Went to start a job today for a plumber who i have just started working for. He does all the plumbing for a builder who i have tiled for and that's how i met him. Anyway i arranged to meet the plumber at my house at 7.30am to take me to the job and show me what he wants tiling. This job is for the same builder...Plumber didn't turn up until 9am :incazzato:so went to site and he showed me all the bathrooms that needed tiling...then the chippy's wanted to speak to me about some of the floors that need tiling. Then the client wanted to go around and talk about the colour of grout for each bathroom walls and floors...so i didn't get tiling untill 11.30am. At 12.30 plumber said he was off and would speak to me later in the week, i asked am i invoicing you or the builder for the work..the builder he said. i managed to get 10 Sqm up in a shower with a skiling tiled as well by 4pm. The builder turned up and came in and looked and didn't say anything...I said everything OK? You haven't got much done today :yikes: I'm glad I'm not paying you!!! I said you are, so the plumber said. By this time i was really :incazzato:and i packed up my tools and left site without saying anything. I got in had a cup of tea then phoned the builder and explained what i did today..I also said I'm doing nothing on a meterage anymore for him and its all day work and any more sarcastic comments i will not work for him. He did apologised and thanked me for sorting things out with the client etc..I was bloody mad but i do a good days work, clean and tidy and im not putting up with crap like this, his customers always comment on how nice the tiling is..So why do they do this. Rant over :prrr:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you handled that pretty well mate to be honest. Best to get a brew and then sort it out once you've had a bit of thinking time. I'm sure the relationship will last as be all and end all is the customers are always happy, and there's not point the builder upsets any apple cart based on that.

J

jamie B

..the good ones are a pleasure..the bad ones stink...and we'll all work for both mate!.I must admit tho' I always feel like I'm the only trade with a time scale!:lol:

D

DHTiling

I had a builder on site today.. he asked if i was going to coff up half the skip hire...:lol:.. i laffed so so hard and he never asked again..

J

jamie B

I had a builder on site today.. he asked if i was going to coff up half the skip hire...:lol:.. i laffed so so hard and he never asked again..
:lol:
I hope you asked for half your petrol money!:lol:

Reply to Builders why do we work for them!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen