Search the forum,

Discuss Builders at it again! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
And whats wrong with grout ??? Id of cut the old grout out, sprayed some expanding foam in, let it set (thats the secret) then just grouted it back up,been fine for ages :kissingheart::kissing:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
And whats wrong with grout ??? Id of cut the old grout out, sprayed some expanding foam in, let it set (thats the secret) then just grouted it back up,been fine for ages :kissingheart::kissing:

That's exactly what I thought and then read something about Dom being in the area soooooo..... :rolleyes:

N

Nuno

@John Benton i hope you don´t mind i share this in your thread, but since it´s related i thought it would be the right place instead of opening another thread.
This is a job that i did this year, it was a balcony in the attic of a house. The room right bellow the balcony had an infiltration and some of the mosaics on the balcony were starting to peel off.
Because the whole house as the same mosaics on the floor, the client wanted to stay the same.(It´s a discontinued mosaic) So i had to take all the mosaics and clean the adhesive behind . The funny thing is that the they did the waterproofing with fiberglass... the same that boats are build!(this helped me to take off almost the entire mosaics) First time i saw that !
After cleaning the mosaics and the floor i did the waterproofing with sikagard-570w (4 crossed coats) and then applied the mosaics with cross adhesive on the piece and the floor.
Because the client had saved 6 or 7 mosaics, i was able to do the job. 0.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

Reply to Builders at it again! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen