Search the forum,

Discuss brick layout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

buttsy

A customer has some 6' x 3' tiles which she would like fixed in brick style layout. The kitchen is small and she only wants to go approx 400mm high. Beneath the sill is only 4'. So there would be a 1 inch cut. Also the window reveals are only 5'. My own thoughts are that it would be difficult to get the right look also the tiles are black the same as the worktop. Has anyone got an opinion. Cheers

D

Daz

Surely the skill of the tiler is to set it out to get the best look???

I recently did a kitchen for a customer that wanted black tiles, anthracite grout on a black worktop in brickbond. They, also, asked me to fix black slate effect 600mm x 300mm with anthracite gout on the kitchen floor and hallway. It looked lovely when I had finished.

Set it out well and take your time and your customer will be over the moon!

D

DHTiling

If you have sufficent room on the window frame you could build up the window cill hieght to give a better sized cut....( use plaster board )........

F

Fred

I recently did a kitchen for a customer that wanted black tiles, anthracite grout on a black worktop in brickbond. They, also, asked me to fix black slate effect 600mm x 300mm with anthracite gout on the kitchen floor and hallway. It looked lovely when I had finished.

Set it out well and take your time and your customer will be over the moon!

Wise words...................:hurray:

W

White Room

If you lay 5 tiles that reaches about 375mm, I would let the customer see what the layout will be and let them decide what they prefer. The cutting will have to spot on with black tiles and white grout

B

buttsy

Friendly advice is all i ask for not a TILER on his high horse

A

Alberta Stone

Use black grout and cut the 1 inch piece.
Just cut them nice.
The only other way would be to slice an inch off the bottom row so you would have 2, 2" rows.
But not seeing anything makes it hard to say.

B

buttsy

Thanks for reply was just wanting advice as to how it might be best done as customer is also looking at other tiles as well. Ive done brick layout in bathrooms but just thought doing it in a small space with small cuts wouldnt look as good despite setting it out right

D

Deleted member 1779

metro-black-brick.gif

Brick work looks good if there are more than one row.

I recon if you have the full tile on top and the 1" offcut below it - then It will look ok.

Reply to brick layout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen