Search the forum,

Discuss Brick bond tiling of kitchen window in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
When tiling a window reveal in a kitchen with brick bond tiles I am struggling to set out the window as 2 tiles leaves around a 15mm gap towards the window. Can anyone think of a way over this? Thanks. Should the grout line with the tiles on the window base line up with the grout line of the window up stand. Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Screenshot_2021-07-14-20-38-30-100_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Reaction score
Should the grout lines from the sill marry up with the verticals of the reveal? Which would mean cutting the first tile on the sill up to the trim. Or full tiles on the sill may look better? But leave me with a gap towards the window of 15 to 20mm

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
2 solutions - use pvc beading to cover the gap or have full tile as middle course and cuts in first and last row.

Reply to Brick bond tiling of kitchen window in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen