Search the forum,

Discuss break in substrate in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi all,not come acroos this before,basically a kithcen with a concrete floor and a diner also concrete,,used to be seperated by a single brick wall(non supporting) wall is removed so both substrates are now one only aline of solid brick inbetween them

would it be best to put ditra or similar down or will a good flexi addy with an expansion joint cope with this,coem across plenty threads about concrete neeting timber but no this

P

Pebbs

That would be on the safe side Doug, but Im thinking that it might not be vital to put the the movement joint in there, its one row wide, I cant see it starting to shift after this time. I dont like the sight of these joints running across a room. Id go for the ditra, its not a big area, if the substrate is sound then I wouldnt worry so much. (famous last words).

Lynn

D

doug boardley

was just thinking Jamie, how about two expansion joints with some closure tiles running the width of the brick?

Reply to break in substrate in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen