Currently reading:
Board of choice

Discuss Board of choice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

NMP for wooden/non UFH floors, PCS for UFH

Would a marmox or pcs insulation board not be used on a ground floor floor boarded floor because of its insulation features? Or is it not meant for overboarding (strengthening) [i haven't used these boards is why I ask]

Would a marmox or pcs insulation board not be used on a ground floor floor boarded floor because of its insulation features? Or is it not meant for overboarding (strengthening) [i haven't used these boards is why I ask]

Tend to sell PCS/Marmox type boards when UFH is involved for themal properties, NMP when you need to strengthen the floor

Then we are back to the old question. Does cement boards add strength to a floor ?? Not in my eyes.

I think it adds strength in the sense of when cross bonded, it strengthens tension horizontally. In another sense it shouldn't be used to stop deflection but due to its strength integrity it doesn't bounce or move when under foot ( like any floor does, be it however fixed you can sometimes here it creek/ make noise because it moved) so generally strengthens in once sense or another.

It obviously doesn't strengthen the existing floor apart from horizontal stresses.

hardie dimensions are bigger than NMP, not by much, but enough to make handling hardie in a small bathroom more awkward than NMP, that's the only reason tbh.

Thanks mate, ill keep that in mind.

Reply to Board of choice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We are tiling our kitchen with limestone tiles - we have already done it in the hallway and are carryin on through - The Hallway was floorboards so I used No more ply and this worked fine -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber floor in our barn conversion. The area is large, 21m x 8m. Having spoken to various UFH suppliers I...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement